The New Gallery (TNG) is excited to reopen to the public and begin sharing our programming with you in-person again. We are also committed to our responsibility to keep our staff, volunteers, and audience members safe and healthy once we reopen. TNG has implemented numerous protocols for staff and all visitors to the gallery in support of this mandate. Please take the time to read through all instructions and note that any audience member’s refusal to follow instructions will result in a refusal of service and cancellation of your appointment.
TNG is currently operating Wednesday—Saturday, 12PM—6PM
1) TNG is only accessible via timed bookings through Eventbrite at this time. You must book your appointment a minimum of 1 hour prior to your visit. (Our current exhibition is Earn Your Stripes by Mat Glenn).
2) If you answer “Yes” to any of the three registration questions, we kindly ask that you refrain from visiting until you are able to answer “No” to all three answers.
3) All three COVID related registration questions will be asked again upon you and your cohort’s arrival. If any answers have changed to “No,” you will be turned away and asked to rebook at a later date.
4) We will only allow one cohort (up to 6 people) to visit at any given time. One registration is valid for the full cohort.
5) Please wait outside upon arrival for your time-slot. We are sanitizing between visitors and the door will be locked upon your arrival. We will open the door for you when you arrive once sanitization has been completed.
6) As per the City of Calgary’s mask bylaw, all visitors to the gallery must wear masks. A mask will be provided to visitors who do not bring their own. We also encourage you to wear your mask throughout Calgary Chinatown. This community has a high concentration of seniors, and we need your help to keep our communities safe!
7) All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering the gallery. Sanitizer will be provided.
8) Please provide up-to-date contact information during your registration for one person in your cohort. This is crucial to facilitating contact tracing in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19
9) The Resource Centre and the gallery washrooms will not be available to visitors at this time. Please plan accordingly.
10) Visitors are prohibited from touching the artworks on display.